July 7, 2009

The Internet is Work

There's a picture from the Tea Party Protest in DC where I went and added my voice and my support to the people protesting this abortion of a government and what it's doing. It was great and I intend to write more about it, but in the meantime I realize this.

The internet is fucking work. I mean, you ONLY get back a small part of what you put in. No matter what you want, you have to put out ten times as much. Sure, you find a few gems (and pthalo, Larry, clambake - you are what I have in mind there) but only if you keep mining like mad. Dammit if it isn't easier to pick up a book.

Well John McGrath from Belfast - I love ya', honey. And I'm going to listen to the Old Dun Cow and pretend I'm with a beautiful drunken crowd who loves Irish music again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it to the tea party in DC, Annie. I'm also happy to see the crowd. This isn't dying down. I couldn't make the one in Raleigh, but I was with them in spirit. Apparently in September there is a huge one scheduled for DC. I'm becoming more enamored of the opinion that we should oust everyone in CONgress and institute fresh bodies. Ones that understand who is really in charge in this country. I guess that statement will get me another addition in my folder at some gummint agency who shall not be named. :-P~~~~

P.S. I think you're a pretty good gem, too. Keep up the good fight.