Travis sometimes asks me why I slum around at such weird places online. Well, I like to know what the left "thinks." But it never ceases to amaze me that it hasn't ceased to amaze me the stupidity of your typical radical leftist. Why would I ever be surprised? They are of course whining that Obama's not destroying the economy and the entire system of government in the US quickly enough or quite the WAY they would, and they're mad that he's not doing it their way. What the hell do they care, the results are the same either way - Cloward-Piven meets Alinsky is still moving full speed ahead so what the fuck are they bitching about? Well, here's one; and it's gotta take idiot quote of the week. In reaction to some obvious morons proclaiming that Obamacare will not necessarily destroy all private insurance companies - obviously a proclamation being falsely made to allay the fears of millions who have a shred of a brain and know what that would really mean (or at least have an inkling) McEwan declares,
First of all, any government health plan that isn't good enough to drive private insurers out of business...isn't good enough, period.
Holy shit. No, you didn't read that wrong. I don't think she comprehends that of course, it is designed to and WILL put private insurers out of business; and it's written into the bill to begin with (guess she hasn't read much of it, like page 16.) Or that these people are out there claiming it won't do what it was designed to do because they want to get it passed and the only way to do that is to lie about what it is designed to do. Because people have some small idea what it is supposed to do, what it WILL do, and they don't want that. So you have to just bald-faced lie to them and tell them it won't happen. But see, she's so out there, so fucking looney-tunes, that she wants them to DO all this - to destroy the economy and our way of life utterly - while PROCLAIMING LOUDLY that that is exactly what they're doing, and screw anyone who doesn't like it. Honey, it doesn't work that way. That's like surprise buttsex without lube - you're not going to get most people to accept it; you have to slip it in a little more subtly than that, or didn't anyone ever teach you that open revolution and open coups have very very unpredictable (and often catastrophic) results? Grow up, put on your damn big girl pants and be glad - he's DOING IT ANYWAY.
Fortunately for you, you're looking like you'll get your socialist society complete with hellcare. Unfortunately for you, it is not designed to provide excellent health care to anyone, much less everyone. You're just too goddamn stupid to understand what it's really about. For the people with half a brain or more, here's a little synopsis from the bill of what we're in store for. I LOVE the part about how the federal government will have realtime access to your personal bank account at ALL TIMES - that's just fucking lovely. Heck, I'll put up the link and a partial list:
• Page 124: No company can sue the government for price-fixing. No “judicial review” is permitted against the government monopoly. Put simply, private insurers will be crushed.
• Page 127: The AMA sold doctors out: the government will set wages.
• Page 145: An employer MUST auto-enroll employees into the government-run public plan. No alternatives.
• Page 126: Employers MUST pay healthcare bills for part-time employees AND their families.
• Page 149: Any employer with a payroll of $400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays an 8% tax on payroll
• Page 150: Any employer with a payroll of $250K-400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays a 2 to 6% tax on payroll
• Page 167: Any individual who doesnt’ have acceptable healthcare (according to the government) will be taxed 2.5% of income.
• Page 170: Any NON-RESIDENT alien is exempt from individual taxes (Americans will pay for them).
• Page 195: Officers and employees of Government Healthcare Bureaucracy will have access to ALL American financial and personal records.
• Page 203: “The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax.” Yes, it really says that.• Page 239: Bill will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors and the poor most affected.”
• Page 241: Doctors: no matter what speciality you have, you’ll all be paid the same (thanks, AMA!)
• Page 253: Government sets value of doctors’ time, their professional judgment, etc.
• Page 265: Government mandates and controls productivity for private healthcare industries.
• Page 268: Government regulates rental and purchase of power-driven wheelchairs.
• Page 272: Cancer patients: welcome to the wonderful world of rationing!
Of course, Ms. McEwan is also sick of hearing about the August recess because it's important to ram this thing through before anyone has a chance to properly read and debate this monstrosity - just DO IT already, right? Even though she said it's not good enough. Sheer genius, I tell you.