January 25, 2011

State of the What?

Oh. Barry was on television again? That's nice. Isn't he, like, always on television? You know what would have been hilarious? If halfway through the speech, he got Bill Clinton to come out and finish it for him. I would have totally watched that on youtube. I might take a peek at Bachmann's rebuttal transcripts, because some conservatives were getting very pissy about that. So, you know, just to see what it's all about. Maybe. Other than that, I really don't give a rat's ass.

I made it through 8 years of Clinton without watching one of these things, and didn't suffer for it. I think I can make it through the next 6. Or two. Whatever. Come to think of it, I didn't watch Bush's either. Because I just didn't, that's why. With Clinton I changed the channel the minute he ever came on, because A) he was a camera whore who NEVER got his mug out of the lens and B) I knew if his lips were moving he was lying anyway, so what was the point? With Bush I just figured there were now plenty of ways to keep informed as to what's going on and listening to a canned presidential speech is just about on the bottom rung of that list. So why would I suddenly tune in for yet another camera whore whose lip movement means "lie" and now there are even *more* ways to stay informed? Yeah, I wouldn't, that's what. If I really want to know the state of the union I'll just watch Idiocracy.

I have my own rebuttal planned anyway, and I'll give it to you now: Your revolution is over, Lebowski; the bums lost - my condolences! Is there really anything more I could hope to learn by listening to Obama read his teleprompter? I didn't think so either.

To those of you who watched it - just think, you could have been drinking margaritas and playing online card games at Pogo instead. Or having sex. (Alone or with someone; doesn't matter.) Or watching something useful like Dumb and Dumber. Maybe shooting some pool. I hope it was worth it for you.

And to cheer you up if you DID waste your time, here's a fun funny with lots of Biden lols - Good Stuff

3 comments:

DiscConnected said...

I must admit to having watched about twenty minutes worth-that was all my brain and stomach could take.

I loved how he imported a cancer patient from Texas for a video close-up op to further push his bullshit health care agenda.

I was inspired and downright misty-eyed when he said "We need to teach out young people that the Super Bowl is not the only time to celebrate."

Then I remembered he was only saying that because the Chicago Bears didn't make it.

For this, they preempted American Idol?

Anniee451 said...

Frankly pre-empting a Sham-Wow infomercial (now starring Olbermann) wouldn't even be worth it.

cmblake6 said...

That is one take on it, indeed. I was listening for the slips to pounce upon, but I didn't need to. Many others already had them by the time I calmed down enough to write. All the golden fruit got picked regarding that lying pos. He just needs to be proven ineligible and removed.