November 19, 2008

Hosanna

I didn't do it on purpose, but the tune of Hosanna from Jesus Christ Superstar popped into my head today as I pictured the worshiping crowds, and I was hearing "Ho-bama, Hey-bama, bama-bama-ho, bama-ho-bama hey-bama! Hey OB, OB would you die for me?" Then I watched the video and it's even funnier, because I can see the worshipers seeing Caiaphas up there as the dirty, downright mean conservative up there trying to spoil their fun, and the whole thing cracked me up. So enjoy it as much as I did; I'll put the new lyrics below.

CROWD

Ho-bama Hey-bama bama-bama Ho-bama Hey-bama Ho-bama! Hey OB OB won't you smile at me? Bama Ho-bama Hey Superstar

CAIAPHAS

Tell the rabble to be quiet, we anticipate a riot. This common crowd, is much too loud. Tell the mob who sing your song that they are fools and they are wrong. They are a curse. They should disperse.

CROWD

Ho-bama Hey Bama Bama Bama Ho-Bama Hey-Bama Ho-bama Hey OB, OB you're alright by me Bama Ho-bama Hey Superstar

MESSIAH, The One

Why waste your breath moaning at the crowd? Nothing can be done to stop the shouting. If every tongue were stilled The noise would still continue. The rocks and stone themselves would start to sing:

CROWD AND MESSIAH, The One

Ho-bama Hey-Bama, Bama Bama-Ho-Bama Hey-Bama Ho-bama!

CROWD (alone)

Hey OB, OB won't you fight for me? Bama Ho-bama Hey Superstar

MESSIAH, The One

Sing me your songs, But not for me alone. Sing out for yourselves, For you are bless-ed. There is not one of you Who can not win the kingdom. The slow, the suffering, The quick, the dead.

CROWD and MESSIAH, The One

Ho-bama Hey-Bama, Bama Bama Ho-bama Hey-Bama, Ho-bama

CROWD (alone)

Hey OB, OB won't you die for me? Bama Ho-bama Hey Superstar

No comments: